REME Museum launches Summer 2020 Egg Chariot Challenge!
This summer, we are challenging YOU to make a self-propelled, egg-carrying vehicle using scrap materials. The best vehicles will win a prize and we will feature entries on our social media pages.
This is a cracking way of building your STEM skills and keeping the little chicks busy over the school summer holiday.
There are different age categories, and four £25 e-shopping vouchers up for grabs too. Every child who enters will get a free ticket to REME Museum!
The rules are simple:
- The competition runs from 27 July to 31 August 2020 and is open to all.
- Entrants must create an ‘egg-citing’ vehicle which can roll, slide or move under its own power, all while safely transporting a standard chicken’s egg.
- Entrants must record a short video showing their vehicle safely carrying their egg and send it to the REME Museum via firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can use craft, recycled and household materials, such as cardboard, plastic bottles, straws and lids but no buying special kit – you’ve got to make everything yourself.
- There are four age categories: 7 and under, 8 to 11, 11 to 16 and 16 plus. There is a £25 e-shopping voucher as the prize for the winner of each age category.
- Every young person 16 and under who enters will also receive a free entry ticket for themselves to the REME Museum, when accompanied by a fee paying adult.
- All entries must be submitted by email on or before the closing date of 31 August 2020, and by entering you give us permission to use your videos on our social media feeds.
- Winning entries will be selected by or team of expert judges
- The winning entries will be notified by 7 September 2020.