Can you help me find out about my REME relative?

The Museum can help with family history investigations through our Research service.

However, we do not hold individual service records for current or past members of REME. You can request these from the Army Personnel Centre in Glasgow. Instructions can be found at GOV.UK.

Why do you not have my REME relative's service record?

Individual service records of serving and veteran military personnel from the Second World War and later are still held at the Army Personnel Centre in Glasgow. Due to this, service records must be requested directly by the individual or their next of kin. Once you have received this, we can help you to interpret it through our Research service.

Can I visit the Museum archive?

Records in the Museum’s archive can be viewed by appointment. Please read our Research page then Contact us to arrange a date.